Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Finishing up a new daisy blanket



I am almost finished with a new pink daisy blanket I have been working on with a new customer over at my Etsy shop. She is a breast cancer survivor and is including the blanket in a daisy themed basket for a silent auction. She sent me her logo:


And I supplied a new version of the daisy based on her gerbera-type daisy used in the logo:


Ultimately, she went with the original daisy, but I really like how this on came out, and will definitely be using it in a new blanket.

BTW, the Get In Touch Foundation is a breast health nonprofit organization and the Get In Touch Girls' Program & Daisy Wheel teaches girls in grades 5-12 the importance of and how to do a breast self exam.

What a wonderful cause! 

4 comments:

  1. Did this design (the whole blanket come from a pattern or did you put it together your self?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas, this is a pattern I created from start to finish. The original was done in a light green. I created it for my mother-in-law who is a big fan of daisies. It was for her 75th birthday: http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/2012/06/donnas-daisy-blanket-surprise.html

      Delete
  2. I have Strated daisy pattern how many squares for a twin size bed please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You start with your 3rd color as a Granny Square center to the approximate size. Then you put your Granny Squares around that squar. Then you finish off by picking which sides you want top and bottom, work as if you are working the granny square but do in rows instead of rounds. After that do your edging and you have your afghan finished.

      Once I finish mine I can add a photo for you.

      Delete